If you’ve decided to fly to Split, I’ve prepared a short Split Airport practical guide to make your arrival as pleasant as possible. This airport will be your entrance gate to Croatia and Dalmatian islands.
Generally speaking this airport has become the most important along the Croatian coast, beating Dubrovnik airport in the south and Zadar airport on the north. In 2016 the airport broke the record of two million passengers, while last year (2018), more than 3 million passengers passed through the airport.
As the number of passengers increases year by year, it will be needed an expansion of the airport capacity. With construction starting in January 2017 and with with estimated completion for the summer season of 2019, the airport will have a new terminal, parking area and apron. New taxiways are planned to increase runway capacity.
Split Airport - Important Data
After you land on this airport, some important facts about this airport, will be of a great help to start your stress-free holidays.
Although it’s known as Airport of Split, sometimes is called Resnik or Kastela airport. Resnik is a small summer resort which make a part of Kastela Riviera.
According the above map, this airport is 2 km from Kastela Riviera, only 5,5 km from Trogir town and 20 km from Split center.
Split Airport (In Croatian: Zračna luka Split) is the international airport serving the city of Split. Codes: IATA: SPU and ICAO: LDSP.
For more detailed information I recommend to visit airport official website to have more info on airport arrivals&departures, parking, lost&found, passenger services, custom service and many more.
Split Airport hotels
In case you have to be near Split airport, check all accommodation deals at once. Up to 80% off. View maps, photos and guest reviews on 39 hotels close to Split Airport, near Trogir and Kastela riviera. Best price guaranteed.
Airlines and destinations
It is a rather long the list of companies flying to Resnik airport from Croatian national company Croatia Airline, Eurowings, Easyjet, Thomas Cook Airlines, Norwegian and many other charter companies. During the winter period the only companies flying to the airport is Croatia Airlines and Eurowings.
Distance from the airport to main towns
- From airport to Trogir – 5 km, about 7 minutes.
- From airport to Omis – 40 km, about 50 minutes.
- From airport to Makarska – 80 km about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- From airport to Dubrovnik – 240 km about 3 hours.
- From airport to Zadar – 130 km about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- From airport to Sibenik – 60 km about 1 hour.
- From airport to Plitvice lakes – 215 km about 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- From airport to Krka National Park – 60 km about 1 hour.
- From airport to Ciovo island – 11 km about 20 minutes..
Split Airport transfers and prices
Split Airport is regularly connected by official buses that leave approximately 90 minutes before scheduled flight time. In high season (July and August), follow my advice and show up 2 hours before scheduled departure time.
To get to/from Split airport to Split center or Split ferry port you can use several transfers options:
Direct bus line
The official bus run by Pleso bus company is a regular connection to Split downtown that departs every 20 minutes after airplane landing. This airport shuttle bus takes half an hour form airport to main Split bus station.One-way ticket costs 30 Kn. Bus departure and arrival time table, can be found, here!
There are two public buses that connect Split with Trogir and on the way both stop right outside the airport building.
- The local bus no. 37 that takes you to Split or Trogir has a stop right outside the airport. I remind you that it will leave you at Sukoisanska bus hub (not at main bus station) which is 1,5 km walking from the city center.
- There is another public bus n° 38 from Split airport leaving from the same point as n° 37 but running through Kastela riviera villages. It takes more time than bus 37. Current ticket price (one way) for both buses is 21 kunas. Both lines are run by Promet bus company (yellow buses).
Taxi - your door to door transfer
Taxi service is one of the most frequent ways to reach your holiday destination. It’s relatively easy to find a taxi at Split airport but there are some precautions not to forget.
If you have not booked a taxi in advance, you should be aware of some traps you can face when you decide to take a taxi by yourself. Before taking one, first ask for the price and beware of fakes taxi drivers operating as unofficial taxis. Use them at own risk!
One way taxi drive (Airport to Split harbor) should be around 35 to 40 € (euros). I personally advise you to take shared arrival/departure transfers booked in advance! You can find an economy taxi transfer for 3 persons (including two pieces of baggage) from € 28 one way (airport to Split port).